
She's expecting! A new baby brother or sister on December 22, 2008. We can't wait and are excited to have our wee ones just two years and one month apart. I am feeling pretty good, despite being really tired, over emotional and nauseous most the time and am just looking plain old plump. I'll be happy when my stomach starts looking more baby, then its current pudge look that I have only obtained through a diligent commitment to my "keep-it-down diet" of pasta and ice cream.
My first trimester just ended though and if this little squirt is anything like Claire was, it will be smooth sailing from here. Oh yeah, except for the night-time wake-you-up-screaming leg cramps and heart burn (from apples, watermelon, bread and other noxious foods). Overall, Dave and I both feel really blessed we get to have another little one around again and we can't wait to meet him or her.
26 comments:
Oh Tara, I am so thrilled for you! Eat some yogurt before you go to bed or whenever it is botheringy you. (preferably plain) It will help with the heartburn.
Oh my gosh! Congrats! That is great news! I hope Claire knows what she is getting into...
Yay! I get to be one of the first ones on your blog to congratulate you! Marissa and Alexis are two years and one month apart too, and so far, I think it is the perfect spacing! Claire is going to love having a little brother/sister!
many congradulations to you and your family! i love it! so very exciting for you all.
Congratulations! That's fabulous news.
I had those wake-you-up-screaming leg cramps too. I figured out that if I ate a potato, banana or other source of potassium during the day, I never had the cramps at night.
And frequent massages from the hubby never hurt. . . ;)
Hurray! I couldn't be happier for you guys. Claire is going to be a great big sister. I'll have Madelyn get in touch with her after baby D is born to pass along some big sister tips. So exciting!
Congrats! Little Claire has grown up so much. We were with the Thatchers and they all seem so excited for your little one!
Very exciting! Congrats. And, I commend you on your timing. Sailing in Turkey and a baby. I'm so jealous.
Congratulations!! I can't believe you sailed while you were pregnant! I did that w/Levi and I just about died!! CA is a great place to give birth...they are much more familiar with the natural process. I am sooo happy for you guys.
How exciting!! That means you were pregnant when I saw you! :) How fun. And a Christmas baby! Turkey looks amazing. (And the best part is now you are close enough that I can come baby shopping with you!)
Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you guys, and hope you're feeling better soon. I hope Dave has recovered from your trip, too. While he was here last weekend, the first thing he said when we saw him was, "I miss my girls so much." :) Bless his heart.
I love that picture of Claire. Please send me some more photos we need some for layouts. Please write about Greece and Turkey and the Mediterranean etc. About the leg cramps. I have them terribly also even when not pregnant. I have tried everything and discovered through a lot of trial and error that if I drink 16 oz of water as fast as I can and put a hot water bottle on the cramp, it goes away pretty fast. It may be necessary to drink another 16 oz of water to keep them away but you can be sure they will not come back for the next 8 hours so you can sleep. It is must faster and works better without side effects than calcium pills, topical hot/cold treatments or anything else I have tried - and I tried everything. Also, heart burn - best possible sure-fire cure - a little soda in water - immediate cure.
SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! And thank heavens for 1st trimesters being over!!!
Can't wait to see you three!
yeah for baby thatcher!!! we're so excited for you!!! Claire will be such a darling big sister.
Felicitations! Maintenant il faut vraiment savoir le verbe "accoucher!" Hi Tara! This is Chrissie from your neighborhood...what exciting news! And Turkey looks like it was amazing!! Let's get together soon!
Wow...how very exciting! Congrats on the baby news!!!
And that picture is sooo cute!!! Great background!!! Love it!
I know you know this, but we couldn't be more excited!!! Can't wait to have them both on our coast. Love all the pics on the blog as well!
Over emotional? Tired? Plump? Did this all happen in the last few hours? I was so impressed with you on the trip. If you were any of the aforementioned things, you fooled me!
Big congrats again. Very exciting. Maybe it was the Turkish air that made you feel good. Should we go back?
CONGRATS!! That is so exciting. Pregnancy sucks but I sure love those little babies when they come!
Wahoo! We're so excited for you guys! Our boys are 2 years 2 months and I have loved the spacing. It's a little rough the first couple of months but smooth sailing after that! The best is that become each others best play buddy! Congrats!!!
haha... i love the expression on claire's face. its a great picture, and perfect for your post.
Really, is there anything better than adding to your family? It's kind of like a sequel to your favorite book. One that keeps delivering chapters you love and some ya don’t, but if you’re in for an adventure, this is the place. Sooooo Happy for you!
We got to tell Dave when he was here but haven't told you yet...CONGRATS! That is exciting news. Dec 22 is my birthday so I hope you are right on schedule!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a good space and as your new baby gets older it is SOOO much fun to see them play together!!!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!
Post a Comment