So the "terrible twos" have hit a little early huh? :) I have no advice, just a wish of luck to you! We're still waiting for the "arrival" at our house... at which point, I'll be coming to you to find out how you got through it. Thanks for paving the way on this one! :)
She is probably just mad that you moved away from her NYC home. No wait, that's me. :) Seriously, it could be worse... she could be funny looking, but she is stunning! Love you guys. karyn~
There is no hope just give up... I'm twenty and still haven't figured out the magic spell to even take care of myself from looking like a wreck after church!
I am still laughing, it's so true, That was so funny. Lots of treats and even more patients is required. I think Riley likes it because he gets to go out into the hall and play with Jack andI like it beacuse I get to have an excuse to eat treats. Look on the bright side of life, MORE TREATS!
At the risk of sounding like a 65 year old enrichment leader...have you tried quiet books? we started letting luc pack his church bag so it has what he wants in it. the quiet books have worked well for us. she looks so cute in her sunday best though. cute!
I laughed sooo hard. Story well done. I love the wee who definitely has the Thatcher spunk. You are such a good mom and such a great aunt to my kids. My only advice is hang on for the ride.
Tasmanian Devils have long ruled the pews & I have no sure fire advice to rid them from yours. But there is one thing that helps me feel like something good can come out of my pride sacrificing sacrament meeting, (& I’ve had a few doosies) It is this; there always seems to be at least one child on my lap, and if it happens that there is one there comfortable curled in my arms during the sacrament, I love to sign into their little ears my testimony of the atonement as we sing the sacrament song. The spirit testifies to both of us, that inspirit of it all there is great cause for hope. Hope on.
All I know is that I talked to your mom and she is still recovering from the 2 Sundays she had at church with your little angel gone devil in church settings....so I believe you. All my kids were perfect so I just don't know what to tell you. (Ha!) Actually, get through it the best you can. It will be over all too soon and you won't even remember, I don't.
I concur with Charmaine as I sit here by myself on a Saturday night. There were some really hairy times with 10 Tasmanian Devils pushing each others buttons and mine. However, it should be comforting to know that they all turned out wonderful in spite of Sunday trauma. I'm not saying I wish for the terrifying Sunday experiences again but real-life moments go by all too quickly so try to relax, take things less seriously, don't worry so much what 'every one' thinks and follow the old adage to enjoy the moment, even the seemingly treacherous ones, for once they are gone, it is forever.
My advice -- leave early. It's easier on everyone. I think we might actually last through three entire hours of church sometime in 2015. In the mean time, if you figure something out, let us know.
We just got home from Stake Conference. It's the first time we've done it with a mobile child and let's just say it was not fun. What's a person suppose to do? It felt more like a 2 hour wrestling session. I think we're done having children.
LOL- Here is what we do. Take it for what it is worth but just for the record I never have to take my kids out of church. We find a room in the church. One that is not used/seen as often. Then we call it the "dark and scarry room". Then we threaten the heck out of them. We tell them if they don't stop then they are going to the dark and scarry room. Follow through. If she acts out take her there, turn the lights out and leave her there alone. I promise, it only takes 1 time. My kids are very well behaved in church and are as soon as they realize no such crap will happen on my watch! Good luck!
Very funny, I guess you can get peace in that we are all in the same boat with our own wild ones at church. One thing that has really helped Kaden is while the Sacrament is being passed we have him sit on our lap. We tell him about Jesus and why he gets to eat water and bread. He might just be starving so he can't wait to get a small piece of bread with water, but I think it's that any child loves to listen and learn about their Savior. I think he really likes it and is really pretty good.
22 comments:
So the "terrible twos" have hit a little early huh? :) I have no advice, just a wish of luck to you! We're still waiting for the "arrival" at our house... at which point, I'll be coming to you to find out how you got through it. Thanks for paving the way on this one! :)
She is probably just mad that you moved away from her NYC home. No wait, that's me. :)
Seriously, it could be worse... she could be funny looking, but she is stunning!
Love you guys.
karyn~
Grin and bear it. Thanks for the suggestion about making the blog private. I'm going to do it.
I love it because it is so true! I am glad that we are not the only ones:)
Hey, I've seen that face at church too, but sometimes it is coming at me from both sides. No advice, just company.
I totally relate to that face at church. I used to be just like that, and I haven't been 2 for a very long time.
There is no hope just give up... I'm twenty and still haven't figured out the magic spell to even take care of myself from looking like a wreck after church!
I am still laughing, it's so true, That was so funny. Lots of treats and even more patients is required. I think Riley likes it because he gets to go out into the hall and play with Jack andI like it beacuse I get to have an excuse to eat treats. Look on the bright side of life, MORE TREATS!
At the risk of sounding like a 65 year old enrichment leader...have you tried quiet books?
we started letting luc pack his church bag so it has what he wants in it. the quiet books have worked well for us.
she looks so cute in her sunday best though. cute!
Quit giving her pixie sticks before church, that will help :) Are you sure you are ready for #2? I am not if I am!
I laughed sooo hard. Story well done. I love the wee who definitely has the Thatcher spunk. You are such a good mom and such a great aunt to my kids. My only advice is hang on for the ride.
Tasmanian Devils have long ruled the pews & I have no sure fire advice to rid them from yours. But there is one thing that helps me feel like something good can come out of my pride sacrificing sacrament meeting, (& I’ve had a few doosies) It is this; there always seems to be at least one child on my lap, and if it happens that there is one there comfortable curled in my arms during the sacrament, I love to sign into their little ears my testimony of the atonement as we sing the sacrament song. The spirit testifies to both of us, that inspirit of it all there is great cause for hope. Hope on.
best advice...
CANDY
All I know is that I talked to your mom and she is still recovering from the 2 Sundays she had at church with your little angel gone devil in church settings....so I believe you. All my kids were perfect so I just don't know what to tell you. (Ha!) Actually, get through it the best you can. It will be over all too soon and you won't even remember, I don't.
I concur with Charmaine as I sit here by myself on a Saturday night. There were some really hairy times with 10 Tasmanian Devils pushing each others buttons and mine. However, it should be comforting to know that they all turned out wonderful in spite of Sunday trauma. I'm not saying I wish for the terrifying Sunday experiences again but real-life moments go by all too quickly so try to relax, take things less seriously, don't worry so much what 'every one' thinks and follow the old adage to enjoy the moment, even the seemingly treacherous ones, for once they are gone, it is forever.
My advice -- leave early. It's easier on everyone. I think we might actually last through three entire hours of church sometime in 2015. In the mean time, if you figure something out, let us know.
It's hard to picture such a cutie being devilish! :) But I've seen them in action! Hang in there! Only 18 years to go! :)
We just got home from Stake Conference. It's the first time we've done it with a mobile child and let's just say it was not fun. What's a person suppose to do? It felt more like a 2 hour wrestling session. I think we're done having children.
LOL- Here is what we do. Take it for what it is worth but just for the record I never have to take my kids out of church.
We find a room in the church. One that is not used/seen as often. Then we call it the "dark and scarry room". Then we threaten the heck out of them. We tell them if they don't stop then they are going to the dark and scarry room. Follow through. If she acts out take her there, turn the lights out and leave her there alone. I promise, it only takes 1 time.
My kids are very well behaved in church and are as soon as they realize no such crap will happen on my watch! Good luck!
No advise from me...just laughter. he he he!
Very funny, I guess you can get peace in that we are all in the same boat with our own wild ones at church. One thing that has really helped Kaden is while the Sacrament is being passed we have him sit on our lap. We tell him about Jesus and why he gets to eat water and bread. He might just be starving so he can't wait to get a small piece of bread with water, but I think it's that any child loves to listen and learn about their Savior. I think he really likes it and is really pretty good.
I love this post! Claire is a gem!
Post a Comment