The other night I went to dinner with a friend who mentioned when she gave birth recently, her hospital staff was incredibly, notably good looking. Remembering my last hospital experience —which I actually can recall in vivid, aching details—I couldn't say that I could relate. Then yesterday, I went to the hospital to visit Anita who had just had surgery on her shoulder and thought that while I was there I would check out the looks lay of the land. Not even through the doors, I encountered my first MD, not bad looking, but nothing to write home about. On the elevator, a new doc appears, this time a little fitter and definitely more chiseled. I get off the elevator and two scrubbists (no lab coats here, but looking like legit MD's) are chatting while waiting for the elevator. The male scrubbist was lean and long, with McDreamish hair and the female was petite, well-groomed and very glamorous. When I got to the recovery room, I updated Anita on my research and she said that her MD was so strikingly hot that she almost told him while trying to break out of her post-surgery, drug-induced haze. Next entered Anita's physical therapist, who was not only charming, but incredibly good-looking with his salt and pepper locks and impish grin. Finally, raiding the candy machine for some morsel to eat, I saw my final hospital Adonis. Picture this, Isaiah Washington, but buffer and less intense. Where were all over-tired interns with grey circles under their eyes and stodgy, balding MD's with pudgy bellies sticking out from under their stethoscopes? Has pop culture finally come barging in through the doors of this respectable profession too? Have the Izzies and McSteamies of TV Land normalized the bold and the beautiful entering the field of medicine, rather than pursuing more shallow career paths? I suddenly felt underdressed and even as I looked down sheepishly, my unmanicured toes seemed to stare back at me mockingly. Take me back to a time when hospitals were for the sick and afflicted and run by no-nonsense nuns, but be sure not to call me on Thursday September 27th 9/8c.
THANKSGIVING THOUGHTS 2019
6 years ago
7 comments:
Well, it is quite the observation. There are at least here a lof of both. I know a lot of them and they aren't really "anything to write home about". BUT...I have to say I married my doctor McDreamy. I think he is gorgeous and so wonderful. Then he comes home after working 40 hours straight, has cap hair, hasn't brushed his teeth since yesterday and can barely keep his eyes open. That site is nothing you will ever see on Grey's, but that is real iife!!
Are you gunna watch the Addison spinoff?
lol - love all the Grey's shout-outs. And I won't be answering my phone on the 17th either!
No such findings in So. Cali- at least not in Corona. But then, maybe like you said with your previous visit, I wasn't the too observant at the time either :)
So this must have been intended to get the non-responding-in-medschool brother to make comment on my sister's blog. Although I am a balding, or rather balded, guy, I'm not overweight and don't have too many bags under my eyes. As for my colleagues, all I can say is thank goodness for 80 hour limitations on the resident's work week. It seems to be having some positive overall effect on personal grooming and fitness.
Tara, its your old roomate Amy Lamb... Sarah told me to look up your blog. Your baby is so cute!!!It was so fun seeing your family. Its bee a long time!!! Our blog is on Sarahs it is under "Brian and Amy"
Greys Anatomy here we come! I can't wait for the new season. What's your opinion on the Private Practice? I thought the acting was pretty bad in the teaser last season . . .
Post a Comment