
Ten days later and my girl is still paci-free. I am so proud of her--she kicked her first bad habit. Claire has been a little trooper and each day has gotten easier and easier. She is still asking for the bink, but not as much. When she asks for it, I respond "Where did your pacifier go?" and Claire will then point upward and say "Up, up, up". She has looked at the pics from the send off several times, but more with nostaligia now than actual remorse. The only downside is that Claire's nap schedule has a bit of a kink in it now. She used out during the day from 9-11 and 3-5 like clockwork. She is now sometimes combining naps, sometimes taking two naps on her old schedule and one dreaded day didn't even take a nap. I don't know what to expect each day and didn't realize what an equalizer the paci was. I need a new nap routine, any ideas? Thanks for all of your encouragement spoken or otherwise. Next step: potty training!
15 comments:
That is such a cute picture! Good job, Claire!
Spider Pigs???
This may be my favorite CB picture to date. Holy moly-- Ian and I love it! I have no advice on nap routines except that they seem to be good things for Ian, too. Maybe another special naptime-only item? Like a stuffed animal she picks out herself? Or blankie?
I do have advice on potty training. Stay Home! In our day all kids were trained by 2. Now days with paper diapers and mothers running the way they do you miss the magic time to train and then it gets harder. Try putting her to bed with books. It still works with me.
Bed and nap times are all about consistency with Joseph, consistent time, routine, blanket, whatever. She'll probably just need some time to get used to life without something in her mouth when she goes to sleep. Yeah, ditto on Laurels comment on the photo too. It a Claire keeper!
No good ideas here...looking to you for advice. But the picture is darling - she is hilarious
Congratulations on being paci-free! We took the plunge a few months ago with Avery and she did really well...I think I had a harder time this go around because of everything that you said. It was very convenient (especially at church) and it was her comfort thing. What a fun way to send it off! She may have a hard time with balloons, but at least she won't harbor resentment for your new baby! Good choice. :)
Is she getting out of her bed or just won't go to sleep?
She is so darn cute!! Way to go getting her to be done with the paci. Kaden is three and he still gets it for naps. I had the same problem he would not nap without it. I gave in and give it to him just for his naps, life without naps was to hard. Good luck I am sure she will get the hang of it soon. Hope your feeling good, only a few more weeks and we will have another cousin in the family, can't wait!!!!
I have no idea what to tell you about the naps. The picture and post title, however, are brilliant! Love it! Best of luck to you guys -- let me know what ends up working, and in another 6 months we'll do the same with Sydney. :)
What a darling picture! She looks so grown up. I remember I was thrown for a nap loop when McKay turned 22 months. I don't have any answers but just know you're not a lone!
I have to admit your last blog gave me a little anxiety, Max loves his paci and there is no way he will take a nap or go to bed without it! I don't know what I am going to do. The paci is definitely as much for me as it is for Max! Good luck on naps you are one strong woman! Can't wait to learn all your wisdom.
I love the balloon idea to get rid of the paci. Good job Claire - the nap thing will work itselff out. Just make sure whatever you do is consistant.
I hope you are feeling good. Though I must say, I am glad it is you :)
that picture of claire makes me laugh every time i look at it. she looks like dave to me with that expression.
What an adorable picture! I can't believe you guys tied the pacifires to balloons - that is the best idea I have ever heard...
Post a Comment