Monday, July 19, 2010

I am going to turn into Spiderman when I grow up...

Claire's sitting beside me now playing polygamous Barbie, where each of her Barbie's get to change into her one Barbie wedding dress (which I have to change) and get married to her one and only Ken doll. The plot is elaborate, complete with the traditional walk down the aisle, the first kiss, the first dance and the bouquet toss (which determines which Barbie gets married next) and sometimes even a poison apple at the end which dramatically kills all the princesses.

Claire's imagination apparently carries over into her dreams as well. This morning at 5:30am she comes into my room and stands next to my bed and announces to a sleeping me, "I was Spiderman!" I open my eyes to her jubilant face and her exclamatory hands and just had to listen to this one. She continued without even a blink of acknowledgment from me, "I was flying and spinning my webs, ping, ping ping (while gesturing Spidey hands three times in a row) and I saved all my friends." As Spidey she even had to dip into a waterfall to save Rachel, Maddie, Brinley and Austin. Logan was somewhere on scene as well, but he was a train and I am not sure how he tied into rescuing everyone. I think this was Claire's first flying dream and to say it was liberating is an understatement. She lay in our bed until Dave got up a half hour later just reveling in new found flight. I'm glad her first experience was as uplifting as this one as for weeks I have been certain that she would try and fly with her lady bug wings, pictured in the last post. I have caught her several times standing on the back of the couch with her wings on, arms spread--Vitruvian Man-style--prepared to take flight.

And because summer pics are too great not to document, here are some from the Thatcher Family Reunion in Jackson Hole, Wyoming over the 4th of July, except for the first pic that is a random but maybe my favorite shot of Miss K ever taken. That pucker is the funniest thing I ever saw.





7 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is hilarious! Flying dreams are the BEST! I love watching them play and seeing how their minds work. That watermelon pic is the cutest ever!

Charmaine Anderson said...

Well, I know where she got her Barbie "genes" I used to dream I could fly when I was younger. I don't anymore...kinda sad.

D3AB said...

I love that last pic of u and Dave, really all of the pics. The look on K's face while she's covering Dave's eyes is priceless! I love how you explained the polygamous barbie routine, that is so true! I loved the dream. I love that they are all growing up together and in each others dreams :)

Jenie said...

I love the Spiderman dream...I'm now realizing how boring my dreams are. I LOVE the pictures, love the little plumbers while Claire is on Dave's shoulders :) and I really love the picture of you and Dave! It looks like you had a great time!

Karley said...

I always wondered when it was that kids figured out that they were having dreams. I finally realized Aus was when she woke up and told me she had a story in her ear. So, So, cute. Funny, spiderman of all people. Love it.

Jennifer said...

I love your pictures!

Nate and Tasha said...

LOVE the first photo! Classic!