Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A friend of mine, Caitlin Creer, is doing a give away on her design blog, which is amazing by the way. In order to get a shot at the give away, she asked everyone to write why you love being a mom and I shared this experience. Yesterday morning, shortly after Kennedy woke up, I was carrying her to the living room in a sleepy snuggle in my arms and I passed the bathroom mirror. I paused in the doorway to get a better glimpse of my daughter in my arms and despite the fact that I was still in my PJs, my hair was a crazy mess and I had no make-up on, our reflection took my breath away. I was spellbound for a moment by the intensity and beauty of mother-child love. I am so grateful that I have experienced it as a daughter first, and now a mother.

1 comment:

Charmaine Anderson said...

Beautifully said. The lovely thing was that you stopped to look in the mirror. I think we are on our bullet runs too often to cherish these little glimpses into the beauty of it all.