January 2010, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

February 2010, As a Man Thinketh by James Allen

March 2010, The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

April 2010, The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

May 2010, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

June 2010, The Help by Kathryn Stockett

July 2010, Peace Like a River by Lief Enger

August 2010, The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle

September 2010, The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale

October 2010, The Hunger Games Book #3 by Suzanne Collins

November 2010, Follow the River by James Thom
10 comments:
I like the new blog look :) I only check your blog on my google reader so i don't get to see the actual page. Those books all look good, you'll have to give a report when you finish each one.
In answer to your question they wait to cut the cord until it stops pulsing which usually takes about 2-5 minutes depending on the baby.
Hunger Games: Couldn't put it down. Stayed up until 3 am to finish it.
The 2nd is already out, also very good.
3rd comes out in August.
What were your favorites on this list? We're always looking for new book club reads.
I absolutely LOVED The Book Thief! Hope you enjoy. I also have read Peace Like a River and that one is really good, too. Thanks for the book ideas...they are always appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your books. My book club will be picking our books soon. I read "As A Man Thinketh" when I was about your age and loved it. I need to read it again. "Peace Like a River" is one of my favorite books. I also read "Follow the River" years ago. I still remember the story. Happy Reading and I will see you soon. I am making the orange cake for you so you better come.
Hey Tara! This is Jennifer. Hey do you still have that condo available in San Diego? We want to rent a condo down there the week of June 20-27th. We are flexible though. Email me, thanks :) jfrank3360@yahoo.com
Thanks for posting your book list. I'm bringing it to my book club for ideas.
BTW, I read Hunger Games for my book club and hated it. I couldn't understand why everyone else loved it so much. It's very much like Lord of the Flies, which I never liked.
I do want to read The Lovely Bones and some of the others on your list. Thanks!
I just put a bunch of these books on hold at the library! Can't wait for the third Hunger Games to come out! I love the series. Maybe I'll crash one of your book club meetings one of these days! BTW, too bad about the condo... we are now thinking of a cruise instead because my in laws tire out quickly, (The zoo, and Sea World, Etc, might be too much for him)
Uh, I'm like number 142 in line to get "The Help"! Might have to buy that one!
Maybe I said this last year, but I love that you plan it out for a whole year. We don't and it stresses me out.
Post a Comment