Monday, April 28, 2008

#5.5 Fit for Shame

And the winner is (was)...
1st Brent, 2nd James, 3rd Ryan, 4th David (I know, the contest must have been rigged) and 5th and last, Barrett. The contest was really to stay out of last place because last place had to ride the subway in a Speedo. After the shock of losing, Barrett made a few phone calls. One of them was to his boss, who expressed his concern over potential video footage that could be presented to the world. He felt that the Apprentice Prank (see the Greatest Prank Ever) was enough to undermine him in the business world. Thus, started the negotiations between Barrett and the rest of us. After much discussion, we were each offered flat screen TV's and I personally sold out at a 32". The saddest part of the challenge is the fact that Barrett, the creator of the challenge, will not create or participate in future challenges. We may have crushed his spirit.

8 comments:

Kaedi said...

Finally! You've posted! How are you guys? Did you survive the move? You're missed around here, you know!

Kaedi said...

PS. I'd totally go for the flat screen, too.

Patrick said...

For as big a mouth and ego as Barrett has... and if this was indeed his idea, he should do the speedo-subway ride. Nothing could be more embarrassing than the way he acted in the Greatest Prank Ever. You guys should have made him "pay up."

Nate and Tasha said...

I enjoyed every minute of the story. Thanks for the laugh, but I was really looking forward to this video footage on the subway. Maybe next time...

Kassie said...

I'm glad you finally posted! I have to admit I am STILL talking about how I actually in real life got to meet Garrett..I mean Barrett...I just wish I'd gotten his autograph...

We miss you guys!!!

Melissa Thatcher said...

like I said: Brent.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

The looser in me wants there to be no looser. It's most dissapointing that Barrett "will not create or participate in future challenges." We have so enjoyed his undaunted spirit!

Danielle said...

barrett is all talk. he will totally participate in the next one! after all, i don't think dave could take the hit to his ego if Bay weren't there to boot him out of last place. boys, you should start making your t.v. requests now.